IGNITE: Seeking Texas Director of Major Gifts
Reporting to the Chief of Resource Development and Communications, IGNITE is seeking a TX Director of Major Gifts, who will be responsible for securing funds for the organization by:
· Identifying, cultivating and soliciting new supporters who are passionate about IGNITE’s mission; and
· Managing and growing a portfolio of donors and institutional funders, assuring that as many as possible are retained and upgraded in their giving and involvement.
The benefit of this position will be the satisfaction of helping donors and institutional supporters fulfill their passions and interests through their giving to IGNITE. Currently, IGNITE’s annual TX budget is $500K - $300K of which is contributed by foundations and the remaining funds by individuals and corporations.
Responsibilities of the Texas Director of Major Gifts include the following:
· Research and identify prospective individual and institutional (foundation and corporate) donors who have the capacity to make 4-6+ figure gifts;
· Manage and grow a portfolio of 50-75 existing and prospective donors;
· Set target dollar goals for each person and institution in the portfolio based on the donor's giving history and net worth;
· Create a plan for regular communication to build authentic relationships that will ensure that IGNITE retains and upgrades donors;
· Work with program and the communications department to secure appropriate project information and create proposals and asks to secure gifts;
· Create monthly reports as required by management that accurately reflect portfolio activity and performance;
· Design and execute donor and fundraising events;
· Use IGNITE’s database to track donor activities; and
· Perform other major donor activities as may be required.