National Day of Racial Healing 2018
Truth, Racial Healing & Transformation (TRHT)
On this National Day of Racial Healing, I’m reflecting on the work ahead that is needed to create a more just and equitable world.
Our fate as humanity is standing on our will to engage more deeply in the work of advancing racial justice through our relationships, organizations, and communities where we work, live and play.
- The work ahead requires that we heal the global consciousness that created racial inferiority.
- The work ahead requires vision, hope, and imagination. We’ve never been where we’re trying to go, and we must create the world that we dream of.
- The work ahead requires centering the voices and leadership of people of color.
- The work ahead requires the transfer of resources and power to oppressed communities to support their chosen method for liberation and demands for systemic change.
- The work ahead requires just as much emphasis on racial repair, as racial healing.
- The work of today and tomorrow requires YOU.
In serving as part of the Dallas delegation for Truth, Racial Healing and Transformation, I invite you to learn, engage and support the national efforts of TRHT here. If you're in the Dallas community, subscribe to my newsletter here to stay engaged as well.
Thank you for being a part of our collective journey to equity, justice, and racial healing.
-Chantel L. Hobbs